The Training Panels of GGC and VMFG have organised a series of presentations on gliding topics to be provided each week over the next eight weeks or so, for members of all clubs at Bacchus Marsh..
In addition to the presentation, if conditions do not allow flying on the day, Roger Druce has offered to provide some practical training in daily inspection of gliders.
The schedule for subsequent presentations is as follows:
- Saturday 30th July. Airspace and Radio Procedures -presented by Mike Durrant,
- Sunday 7th August: XCSOAR – by Jeff Farrow
- Sunday 14th August: Analysing XC Performance See You – by Dave Meredith
- Saturday 20th August: Gliding Weather and XC Tasks - by David Wilson
- Saturday 27th August: Gliding Instruments and Devices – by Allan Payne
- Saturday 3rd September: Thermalling - by Ailsa McMillan
- Saturday 10th September: Flying Cross-Country – by Richard Traill
- Saturday 17th September: Outlanding – by Paul Spooner.
Start time is 9am for all. Any changes or additions to the schedule will be notified via email. Presenters will be asked to make their presentations available as resources for members on the club website wherever possible.